Choosing a Personal Branding Photographer
With the rise of so many entrepreneurs Personal Branding Photography has become a necessity for anyone wanting to start or build their business.
People buy from people, and you need to build the Know, Like, Trust factor with your clients.
First impressions are everything and even if we don’t know that we are doing it, we will all judge someone within seconds of meeting them (or seeing them online).
Personal Branding Photography is a crucial element creating your brand, just like a great website or logo. It is critical that you get this right or you’re audience won’t resonate with what you are trying to say. The images we use have the greatest impact on our audience and we need to ensure they are telling our authentic story and are on brand.
When you’re investing in your personal brand it’s essential that you get it right.
Here are my few tips on choosing your Personal Branding Photographer:
- Make sure they see and understand your vision and can tell your story
- Make sure you connect with them and they make you feel comfortable
- Can help you achieve the polished look you’re after by making you feel confident and look amazing!
- They are creative and can think outside the box
- Is able to work to your requirements – What does your website need, do you need negative space for text, do you need to be facing a certain way, do you need to be able to cut them out easily and repurpose them.
- Can assist with how to create and repurpose your content.
Personal Branding Photography is not just about headshots. You audience wants a little insight into your life and your business. Show what you do on a daily basis, where you live, where you work from. Your customer wants to see what you value as well as what you do. You need to create a suite of personalised images that tell your story. Think about how you can repurpose your content across your print, web and social media. Do you need content for Instagram, infographics, Pinterest, blog posts?
These are just some of the key areas you want to consider when creating a library of images that you can pull from any time you need it:
- Profile Photos
- Email footer
- Slide Stacks
- Website – about me
- Social Media Posts
- Events (networking, workshops)
- Sales Pages and Funnels
- Media Kit – what happens when you get asked to speak at an event last minute or have a piece in a magazine. If you have your suite of images ready you won’t be stressed about getting something done last minute. Just email it through!
If you want to have a chat with me about your requirements you can book in a Branding Clarity Review
If you want to get my tips on building your social media influence, you can download my DIY Social Media Toolkit